Apple Enterprises specializes in custom software and embedded firmware. I develop the embedded firmware, occasionally the digital hardware, the PC control application, the manufacturing and calibration application, and even the installer.
I take a concept and make it a product.
13749 Lexington Ct
Saratoga, CA 95070
Apple Enterprises was founded in 1981 and specializes in embedded firmware, control software and application software. I have developed more than 50 biotech, medical, industrial controls, semiconductor equipment, video post production and consumer products over the last 30 years for 25 different companies..
I graduated from UC Berkeley with an EECS degree in 1975 after spending 2 years in the US Marine Corps. I am a member of PATCA, IEEE CNSV, IEEE, LinkedIn and a former board member of UC Berkeley Engineering Alumni Society (EAS). I host the South Bay Cal Engineering Alumni meetings.
Recent products include Windows manufacturing test fixtures applications, MPS430 bottle dispensing monitor, LPC2368 light sensor, MPS430 motor control, RFID tag reader applications, MSP430 electronic pipette, LPC2368 laboratory grade laser controller, MSP430 low voltage light controller, mass spectrometer for protein analysis, semiconductor capital equipment and a Windows CE BSP. Recent clients have included Tecan, Boston Scientific, Clear-View Technologies, Wafergen Biosystems, Rainin Instruments, Asyst Technologies, New Focus, Ciphergen Biosystems, and Hydrovation.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proposals, functional specifications, man power and cost estimates
- High level product architectural design - software and hardware
- Hardware/software tradeoffs, computer language selection
- Design of multi-processor hardware, software and firmware
- Design of real time, multi-tasking, interrupt and event driven operating systems
- Top down, modular, structured software design
- Well organized, maintainable, and documented software code
- Microprocessor and digital hardware design
- Expertise in motion control (PID and micro stepping), battery powered, lasers, pumps, set tops and developing software tools.
- Languages: C, C++, Assembly, Java, Basic, XML, MFC.
- Microcontrollers: MSP430, LPC2300/2400, SH4, ARM, MCF5206E, VIA, 68HC11, x86 and 8051.
- Tools: Visual Studio 2008, Visual Studio 6, IntelliJ, Windows CE, XP Embedded, IAR IDE and Keil IDE.
- Operating Systems: custom, Windows, UNIX, ThreadX, Windows CE and XP Embedded.
- Peripheral interfaces: USB, Ethernet, I2C, SPI, JTAG, RS-232, RS-485, RS-422, RFID, etc.
- Sensors: temperature, TEC, pressure, machine vision, sensor signal conditioning and analog-to-digital converters (DACs, ADCs and oversampling ADCs).
- Networks and web: TCP/IP, ASP, SOAP, Information Interchange Server (IIS), and Sockets.
- Windows drivers, services, DLLs, and Windows CE BSPs.
Product Development Overview
Developed BioTech products: Mass spectrometer for Ciphergen and GeneTrace; motor control and light calibrator for Wafergen Biosystems, calibration tools for the Arcturus Laser Microdissection and Laser Capture Instrument; electronic pipettes for Rainin Instrument (patent)..
Developed manufacturing test fixtures for Tecan, Boston Scientific and Rainin Instruments.
Developed software tools: MPEG2 tools for Hyundai; VxGdb interface-Sun to PC for Hyundai; 386 operating system and debugger for Digital F/X; Emulator interfaces for Microtec Research's XRAY debugger.
Designed embedded microprocessor products for: General Electric in nuclear power safety equipment (patent); Pinnacle Systems, Digital F/X and CMX in commercial broadcast equipment; Asyst, Compumetric and GCA in semiconductor capital equipment; Rainin, Eldex and Critikon (Johnson and Johnson) in pumps.
Success indicator - many products for same company: 4 products for New Focus, 5 products for Rainin, 4 products for Light Source, 3 products for GE, 3 products for Digital F/X, 2 products for CMX, 3 products for Compumetric and many products for Microtec Research.